VMware Cloud Community
ACIGURU
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VRA 7.5 ImportOvfWorkflow Blueprint 'Configure' button no action

Hi all, trying to configure a blueprint which is based on deploying an OVF.  So follow the guide, New Blueprint of type Server, Action: Create, Provisioning Workflow : ImportOvfWorkflow, URL: URL of OVF (validated as i can download the file from the location), press configure to start the wizard.

This is where it goes wrong, the configure button 'presses', but the wizard doesn't pop up.  I've tried three browsers (Chrome (default), IE and Firefox).  They all do the same thing.

is there another way to import an OVF into a blueprint?  create a blueprint with an OVF as the provisioning source, or does anyone know of a fix for the 'configure' button not working.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Input this OVF URL:  https://download3.vmware.com/software/vmw-tools/vsphere_html_client/h5ngcVA-4.1.0.0-12518617_OVF10.o...

Do you get a config wizard that pops up? If you do, then you probably have either a networking problem on your end or an HTML-related service issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

What is this OVF?

0 Kudos
michal198525
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

Open Virtualization Format (OVF) - an open format for compressing and distributing virtual devices or software that runs on virtual machines.

Michał

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes, thank you michal198525​, I'm well aware of what an OVF is, I'm asking the OP what is in this OVF.

0 Kudos
ACIGURU
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

all OVF's, it's not a single OVF which this is happening too, effectively all OVF's are downloadable from the web host on which they are hosted, by the URL, without authentication (despite that being an option)..  tried everything i could think of including vCenter, NSX Manager, Velocloud vEdge, Fortinet VMX Manager, even an OVA'd version of ESXi. 

the button does the 'press' animation but no action.

is anyone able to recreate it?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Input this OVF URL:  https://download3.vmware.com/software/vmw-tools/vsphere_html_client/h5ngcVA-4.1.0.0-12518617_OVF10.o...

Do you get a config wizard that pops up? If you do, then you probably have either a networking problem on your end or an HTML-related service issue.

0 Kudos
ACIGURU
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

nada.  the Configure button does the same thing

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Try one more time in an incognito/private browsing session and see what you get.

ACIGURU
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

update for context.  basically the local webserver was not publishing the files to VRA.  Browsing and downloading the files worked fine, but for some reason VRA wasn't having it.  Another point was that even when i 'built' a new webserver (thanks for being pretty quick to knock up tinyweb) i had to use incognito mode... 

0 Kudos
rmalemp
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am having same issue, tried in incognito mode as well, weird thing is with one of ova file its working but not working with another one 

0 Kudos