VMware Cloud Community
Chakresh_IBM2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

[VRA 7.5] Can we reuse VRA License in multi tenant model

Use case :

I have 100 VMs VRA license ( 4 packs) for 3 year. This is multitenant platform where I have more than 1 tenants.

One of the client want to use this platform only for 100 server build and do not want to use for server management.  So if I remove Vm inventory ,Tenant and end point from VRA database. The client will be disconnected from the platform and can manage Vms independently.  The client has used platform only for 2 months for server provisioning. Will I be able to reuse this license for other clients to provision other set of 100 vms.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chakresh_IBM2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have got an answer from VMware , yes Licenses can be reused in multi tenant service provider model in case if you are using perpetual license with SNS.

As discussed, perpetual licenses can be reused and the capacity can be increased by combing the licenses on My VMware portal. SnS should be renewed at the end of the selected term.

Fixed Term or Termed licenses cannot be combined as the Expiry dates will be different and might not suit your requirement.

License keys allocated to a Tenant A can be used on Tenant B provided Tenant A is not configured or has been removed from vRA.

Regarding License Usage of vRA on version 7.x I havent found a relevant document on the same and do not see an option for license usage on vRA 7.x. However the document link below provides steps on creating System Tests to monitor license, resources etc, I hope this can help:

https://docs.vmware.com/en/vRealize-Automation/7.5/vrealize-automation-75-management.pdf

VMware Support Request 20121170304

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Chakresh_IBM2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have got an answer from VMware , yes Licenses can be reused in multi tenant service provider model in case if you are using perpetual license with SNS.

As discussed, perpetual licenses can be reused and the capacity can be increased by combing the licenses on My VMware portal. SnS should be renewed at the end of the selected term.

Fixed Term or Termed licenses cannot be combined as the Expiry dates will be different and might not suit your requirement.

License keys allocated to a Tenant A can be used on Tenant B provided Tenant A is not configured or has been removed from vRA.

Regarding License Usage of vRA on version 7.x I havent found a relevant document on the same and do not see an option for license usage on vRA 7.x. However the document link below provides steps on creating System Tests to monitor license, resources etc, I hope this can help:

https://docs.vmware.com/en/vRealize-Automation/7.5/vrealize-automation-75-management.pdf

VMware Support Request 20121170304

0 Kudos