VMware Cloud Community
improvingdaily
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VRA 7.3 vSphere Initial Setup failure TypeError: Cannot read property "childEntity" from undefined (Dynamic Script Module name : getAllComputeResourceForVimHost#6)

I am trying to setup a new VRA 7.3 configuration.  I have gotten everything so far configured but now when I try to run the vsphere initial setup in the catalog it gets to the point where it is validating the endpoint connection settings and then I get the following error.  TypeError: Cannot read property "childEntity" from undefined (Dynamic Script Module name : getAllComputeResourceForVimHost#6).  Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
improvingdaily
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I figured it out.  I had a service that was not registered after doing more research I found my database credentials were not working correctly on my IAAS system.  Once I fixed this issue I was able to get the setup to complete.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You might have an endpoint configured incorrectly. Anyway, I find that workflow to be mostly useless. You're better off doing the configuration manually, and at least that way you learn about the system.

0 Kudos
improvingdaily
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I figured it out.  I had a service that was not registered after doing more research I found my database credentials were not working correctly on my IAAS system.  Once I fixed this issue I was able to get the setup to complete.

0 Kudos