VMware Cloud Community
seplus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VRA 7.3 software component install hang and Failed

Trying to install MySQL software component in Centos 7 blueprint.

VRA log says "Request failed: Machine vraapp26: InstallSoftware : WGET operation failed. Check agent_download.log. Abort.."

agent_download.log screen shot is given below.

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks,

0 Kudos
28 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Without seeing your phases in the software component it's almost impossible. If you add the custom property _debug_deployment to your blueprint, vRA won't destroy it upon software component failure, so you have time to see what happened. It's also good to echo outputs of stages for debugging purposes so you can see the output in the request for each phase. That'll help you narrow it down.

0 Kudos
seplus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I enter  _debug_deployment in blueprint custom properties. Still the VM destroyed after the software deployment fail.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Can you show the execution information where this failed? If it failed in the software component, it should not be rolling back.

0 Kudos
seplus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Its deploying the VM and I can ping VRA and IAAS vms also from the provisioned VM.

How can I get execution information?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

That's not enough, though. Go into the Requests tab and click on the request. Show the execution information from there.

0 Kudos
seplus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Do you not have a button with the icon of an elipsis on it?

pastedImage_0.png

You have to select Execution Information first to see this.

pastedImage_1.png

You should be able to see the exact phase where it failed. Can you show that?

0 Kudos
seplus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No I haven't that icon of an ellipsis.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Then how are you installing software in this blueprint?

0 Kudos
seplus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

My software component is just switch of the firewall service in the provisioned VM.

In the execution window you can see the process failed in VM provision and not even going into software component.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Show your blueprint, please.

0 Kudos
seplus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Ok, having at look at your first post, it seems that it's failing even sending down the software component as a workitem before it begins execution. From your screenshot, it's trying to connect to the manager using IP while the certificate is signed for the hostname. On your CentOS base template, install the software bootstrap agent but use the FQDN in the configuration wizard, not the IP address. You should not ever be using the IP address to directly configure or talk to vRA components as that leads to problems like this.

0 Kudos
seplus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It can be solved by installing the agent with FQDN of VRA and IAAS ?

This is a lab setup and I am using self-signed certificate.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

It doesn't matter who signs the certificate, the default certificates contain the host name and not the IP. When you don't configure what the cert has as its name the agent will not accept the connection. Reinstall the agent correctly using the FQDN and try again.

0 Kudos
seplus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Reinstalled the agent with FQDN of VRA and IAAS....but no luck and the error is showing same as before.But if I remove the software component from  the blueprint, its working fine

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Post your software agent log so I can have a look.

0 Kudos
seplus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VRA Log viewer message:

vraapp36: InstallSoftwareWorkflow Exception: WorkItem response indicates proxy agent failed to perform task.

DynamicOps.Common.WorkItems.WorkItemResponseException: WorkItem response indicates proxy agent failed to perform task.

at DynamicOps.External.SoftwareWorkflows.InstallSoftwareWorkflow.Error_SendWorkitem(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.Activity.RaiseEvent(DependencyProperty dependencyEvent, Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Workflow.Activities.CodeActivity.Execute(ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)

at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutor`1.Execute(T activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)

at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutorOperation.Run(IWorkflowCoreRuntime workflowCoreRuntime)

at System.Workflow.Runtime.Scheduler.Run()

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Can you attach the GuestAgent.log file rather than showing a screenshot?

Is dciaas.vclass.local the hostname of your Manager server?

0 Kudos