VMware Cloud Community
seplus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VRA 7.3 software component install hang and Failed

Trying to install MySQL software component in Centos 7 blueprint.

VRA log says "Request failed: Machine vraapp26: InstallSoftware : WGET operation failed. Check agent_download.log. Abort.."

agent_download.log screen shot is given below.

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks,

0 Kudos
28 Replies
seplus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

The VM is getting deleted after it shows the error.

dciaas.vclass.local is the manager.

I will try to get the log.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
seplus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Attached agent log

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Can you show your certificate when you go to https://dciaas.vclass.local/VMPS2 in a web browser? Show the full certificate including the SAN portion.

0 Kudos
seplus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Here is the certificate

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

So you have vra01.vclass.local as your café appliance and dciaas.vclass.local as (presumably) your all-in-one IaaS box. When you reinstalled the guest/software agent, did you use the FQDN for *both* the appliance front-end and the Manager addresses?

I see in the log where the agent did eventually get a work item at 19:59:11 but it's fetching it from the following:

2018-03-08 19:59:12 Application: [Information] agent.download.url -> https://10.1.1.18/software-service/resources/nobel-agent.jar

Normally, that should be the FQDN, and not IP. The guest agent and software agent are different, so I'd like to know how you installed it when you did.

0 Kudos
seplus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vra01.vclass.local(10.1.1.18) = café appliance

dciaas.vclass.local(10.1.1.40) = all-in-one IaaS

I deployed with prepare_vra_template.ps1

Give all FQDN for the appliances.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Hang on, you started this thread saying you were trying to install MySQL in a CentOS 7 machine, but you provide logs for a Windows system and the PS1 prepare template file. Which are we talking about here?

0 Kudos
seplus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

software component is not working in windows and Centos 7. Its hard to get the log from Centos VM ..Since it is deleted by the VRA when it timeout

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Follow this article to prevent the vSphere agent from deleting your deployment upon failure with

DynamicOps.Vrm.VRMencrypt.exe VRMAgent.exe.config set doDeletes false

From a Windows deployment, attach guest agent and appD logs. Zip the entire C:\opt\vmware-appdirector\agent\logs directory and grab C:\VRMGuestAgent\GuestAgent.log.

0 Kudos