VMware Cloud Community
ParthN
Contributor
Contributor

VM provisioning through vCAC

Hi ,

1) I had a very specific question about the right approach to create VMs through vCAC . Which of the following is the right approach

A) Create workflows in vCO that uses vCenter plugins to create VMs and then import these workflows using ASD to vCAC to create service blueprints and catalog items

B) Use IaaS workflows that come with vCAC to create VMs

2) Could you point me the documentation that tells us how to create VMs using vCAC IaaS workflows . I do not want to use any vCO workflows to provision VMs

1 Reply
stvkpln
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Well, I'm not entirely sure why you'd ask #1 if you've already decided you don't want to use vCO.... but, in my opinion, here are the answers to your questions:

1) In my opinion, the best of both worlds is to use the IaaS components to set policy / provisioning metadata structures, and call vCO workflows at various states of a VM's lifecycle to augment IaaS. Honestly, it depends on what the requirements are... possibly for your needs, the baked in IaaS capability is enough (it wasn't for me).

2) Please review this: [virtualjad.com]: vCloud Automation Center 6.0 POC and Detailed Implementation Guide. It's a good reference guide for building a POC.

-Steve