VMware Cloud Community
mammadshah
Contributor
Contributor

VM network disconnected after provisioning

Hi,

I am using vRA 8.2 and facing issue of Windows VMs network disconnected after the successful deployment. I have to connect the network card on vCenter. whereas the same for Linux VMs works without any issue. 

Any idea to resolve this issue.

Thanks

8 Replies
lnairn
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

What is your template configuration regarding NIC setup? Maybe nic interface is disconnected in vCenter template?

Regards,

Leandro.

0 Kudos
urbanmichal
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem after machine recovery from backup. The network card is disconnected. Everything works fine with provisioning, The network card also disconnects after shutting down or restarting the VM

0 Kudos
lnairn
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

What is the config of the n network adapter in vCenter? Connect at power on is checked?

Regards,

Lenadro.

0 Kudos
Phil1020
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem in VRA8.2 network is disconnected after deployment, however it is given an IP address

0 Kudos
johnbowdre
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@Phil1020 Can you confirm that the "Connect At Power On" option is enabled on the NIC in the source template?

Phil1020
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, just checked.. thinking that this could be the problem: https://vnuggets.com/2020/01/29/vra-with-cloud-init-and-static-networking/

johnbowdre
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Definitely a possibility. Now that you mention it I remember running into some similar weirdness when trying to use cloud-init / cloudbase-init in conjunction with static IP assignments from our IPAM solution. I kind of got the impression those solutions assume/expect you to be using DHCP. I wound up dropping those configs from my cloud template and using ABX PowerShell actions to call Invoke-VMScript and run configuration tasks in the guests that way.

Phil1020
Contributor
Contributor

Removed cloudbase-init and that has fixed the problem. will try your ABX PowerShell script tomorrow  @johnbowdre