VMware Cloud Community
brettcarr1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VM/Blueprint Request Fails

After requesting a VM via a blueprint I have setup to clone from template i get a message simply saying this has failed, looking in the recent events section I see a message stating:

clone vm sequence contains no matching element

Does anybody have any idea what this means or where I might of gone wrong.

Apologies if this is a silly question, Im a newbie with regards to VCAC.

Brett

0 Kudos
7 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Try going to Administration -> Monitoring -> Logs / Any other tab there
(sorry if path is not accurate, i'm not in front of an active system at the moment)

there should be some more indicative logging in that section. Try again and look for a new entry, or search for the exact time the last request failed.
what does it say?

0 Kudos
awjudge
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Not sure if it's relevant, but it came across this error myself. I found reference to it in the release notes for VCAC 5.2. It appears to happen, if the source template for a clone, is on a local datastore of an ESX host, rather than a shared datastore. I haven't had a chance to test this myself yet...

0 Kudos
brettcarr1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Well the template was indeed on a local datastore, I have moved it now to a shared datatstore, however the same error occurs when I try to deploy from the blueprint.

0 Kudos
brettcarr1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I can't seem to find the path you mention above, when you are in front of an active system could you please confirm.

By the way this is VCAC 6.0 if that makes any difference.

Brett

0 Kudos
awjudge
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

If you mean the path to the logs, then login as a fabric administrator and go to the Infrastructure tab. From there, you should see a menu item called Monitoring (this is v 6.0)

0 Kudos
brettcarr1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes this area is where I see the message:

Machine dev006: CloneVM : Sequence contains no matching element.

The problem is I don't know what this message means, googling it gives me no clue.

So I'm hoping someone on here knows what it means or can give me some ideas on where to look for more indepth logging that may give me an idea on what is going wrong.

Thanks

Brett

0 Kudos