VMware Cloud Community
clclark
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCac fails to registerVirtualMachineRequest from VCO "Import vCenter Virtual Machine"

VCac Ver 6.1

VCO ver 5.5.2

VCac Plugin 6.1.0.2040915

Hello all,

I have Vcac and an external VCO appliance setup. I am running some test workflows to get clones of a vm and then import it into Vcac so that its lifecycle is managed. I am at the stage where I am just testing from VCO with the out of the box plugin workflows. I am able to run a workflow to change settings in Vcac with no issues. When I run an "Import Vcenter Virtual Machine" workflow in VCO the workflow finishes successfully but the machine is never added to Vcac. I see these messages below in my Vcac log. Where it says (My Username), this is the value of identity user when I run the workflow. I have tenant and fabric admin rights. What is the purpose of this identity user? I can leave it blank and still get the same response it will just be blank where the username is.

(My Username) System.ApplicationException: Access Denied at DynamicOps.VMPS.Security.AuthorizationService.CheckAccess(IdentityToken token, String task, String group, String tenantId) at DynamicOps.VMPS.Service.ProvisionService.RegisterExistingVirtualMachine(IdentityToken identityToken, Guid virtualMachineID, Guid hostReservationID, Guid hostStorageReservationID, Guid virtualMachineTemplateID, String owner)

Workflow 'RegisterVirtualMachineRequest' failed with the following exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Any help would be appreciated,

Chris

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
clclark
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Sean,

I just got this working, thanks for the business group clue. It turns out that my Identity user needed to be fully qualified user@domain.org to work because our SSO keys off of our AD.

Thanks,

Chris

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SeanKohler
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hmmm just a thought to doublecheck...

Is your user added to the business group as well?  (Support User would be fine.)  You cannot own machines in a business group if you are not part of it...tenant/fabric admin or not.

clclark
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for your response. I double checked the business group and I am a member yet still receiving the issue. I have since upgrade everything to Vrealize 6.2 and I am still having the issue.

Anyone else have an idea? I am able to provision servers in VRA. I am just having an issue if I provision clones on VCenter and try to import them.

0 Kudos
clclark
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Sean,

I just got this working, thanks for the business group clue. It turns out that my Identity user needed to be fully qualified user@domain.org to work because our SSO keys off of our AD.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
SeanKohler
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Excellent.  Glad to hear you got it figured out.

0 Kudos