mikestevenson
Contributor
Contributor

VCP6-Cloud exam resources

I took the vCAC 6.0 class last week with the eventual goal of earning the VCP6-Cloud certification, but I'm having difficulty finding much in the means of additional resources for exam prep.  The exam blueprint seems to be up to date, but most of the other information on the exam page ((VCP6-Cloud) VCP6-Cloud) refers to the previous exam version.  This isn't especially helpful since it's my understanding that the new version is much more focused on vCAC than vCD.  Has anyone taken the updated exam, and if so what materials did you use to prepare?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Mike,

The exam you are looking at is the complete VCP cloud one which has both VCP and IaaS contents. Before in version 550 these were split into two exams.

There is a new track that is coming out called VCP-CMA (Cloud management and automation). I'm guessing the blueprint will be more streamlined once that is out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful. Abhilash B | Blog : http://vpirate.in | Twitter : @abhilashhb | LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/ |
0 Kudos
willonit
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Check out Grant's post on the VCP6-Cloud Exam. It covers much more than just vCAC. Personally, I think I am going to wait for the new track to come out before I journey down that path. If you haven't seen it yet, take a look at the VMware Certification Roadmap for 2015.  The way it has been explained to me there will be a foundations exam + a specialization exam for the VCPs. So the foundations exam will hold more of the vSphere and core VMware related topics and the specializations exam will contain more questions related to vCloud suite products. Might make it a little more manageable to study for. You also might want to look around on the Training & Certification community to see if anyone has been talking about this exam.

mikestevenson
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the link to the new exam roadmap, I hadn't seen that before.  It doesn't have any kind of timeline on it though, I wonder when those will be released.  I'm kind of torn between going for the current certification and waiting for the new one.  I hope the vCAC class I just took will satisfy whatever classroom requirement the new certification has.

0 Kudos
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander

Hi Mike,

While I don't know for sure, we were debating this in the office yesterday. Our thoughts were that the VCP6-Cloud would be directly transferable to VCP6-CMA. Any Install, Configure, Manage course will still count.

Honestly, I'd sit the exam now - what tends to happen is that if you are "grandfathered" into the program you miss out on any additional requirements we may decide to put in play.

I'll try to find out some more information for you.

Cheers,

Grant

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos