VMware Cloud Community
atfrys
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

VCO Reprovision workflow help

I am trying to reprovision a machine and manually searched for the vcoId of the actions for the VM.  I am trying to figure out how to derive this from the vm name.  Does anyone have an example?

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
atfrys
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

After much investigation, this is what I found and most likely overcomplicating it, but getting the answer I was looking for.

The vcoId is comprised of three ID's.  The first looks like it may be the VCAC instance of some sort, the second is the ID of the machine and the third is the ID of the action.  I am parsing the second and third ID's in the string to get the machine I need.

fa2fbe83-a6a9-47e1-b21f-234921439783/92bde9fb-8158-4722-ab82-0185de058c4d/7b635ae5-bfcc-4c48-958b-d49ed2007b0e Restart

Please simplify if possible because the workflow takes 10 min to run just to get me the action of my VM.

Thank you

-Stephen

0 Kudos
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander

Is there a reason to do this with vCO rather than just Entitling the Reprovision action?

Grant

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos
atfrys
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

VCO is used as our pipeline into all of our endpoints.  We developed our own portal and treating VCAC as another endpoint etc.  What I have now works and have cut a lot of time off of my workflows, but thought there would be a faster way of enumerating and selecting an action.

Thank you

-Stephen

0 Kudos