VMware Cloud Community
quantum_2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCAC 6.1.00 build 2077124 with VCAC ID appliance 5.5.2 build 2077124 : VCAC blueprints cannnot see vcenter templates

this is a new environment and may not have been configured correctly

the symptoms are that when you go into the blue prints and attempt to create a blueprint you cannot browse to see the templates ( that have existed in vcenter for a long time)

all the ID store settings look fine and I see no errors in the ID store settings , the account (SVC1) that is used to connect to vcenter thru the ID store can also be used to login directly into vcenter web client with no issues

another symptom is that in the VCAC log I get an error

that referances the user name (SVC1) that is used to connect the ID store to VCAC " the exception has been caught : The attached endpoint vcenter1.cloud.local" cannot be found

any idea where I can verbosify the logging to try to find more info about this issue

OR any configuration items that you think might have been easy to miss? I did not build this thing , I am just trying to help

thanks for all the help!!!!!!!! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
2 Replies
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If it says the attached endpoint cannot be found, it means the data collection has not happened as the vCAC hasn't spoken to vCenter.

You will have to name your endpoint as vcenter1.cloud.local.

Once this is done the error should go away and the inventroy collection should happen. Make sure the templates are on same cluster as the one used to create fabric group.

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

0 Kudos
quantum_2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

thanks for the help , I will check this to see if the endpoint is name correctly and let you know ,

if this still fails what would be the next thing to look at ?, ( I am on an aircraft and do not have access to the environment right now)

0 Kudos