VMware Cloud Community
dalcowboys
Contributor
Contributor

Using Cloudclient to pull newly created VM IP address

I am using CloudClient 3.2 and am looking for an option to get the IP address of a VM created using the vra or other cloudclient commands. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You've posted in the vROps forum. Your question relates to vRA and should go there.

0 Kudos
dalcowboys
Contributor
Contributor

Aha. Thank you

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

To answer your question, yes, you can use CloudClient to report the IP address of a deployed machine in vRA. I don't know about the specific version you mentioned because that's quite an outdated version at this time, but using CC 4.4 and vRA 7.3 this is possible.

After logging in, run vra machines list to get the machines under management. Save the catalogResource.id string. Run vra machines detail --id <id_goes_here> and the result will be full details on that machine. If you use --format json you can more easily parse the results and find the IP address, which is stored in the "networks" block, or in the properties as "__datacollected_ipaddress."

0 Kudos
dalcowboys
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the reply daphnissov.. We are on vRA 6 so highest cloudclient we can go is 3.4.1.

The only processes under vra machines in my version is unmanaged. It doesn't have list or detail unfortunately. Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Not really, except to upgrade to vRA 7 ASAP. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos