VMware Cloud Community
SeanKohler
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Use Case Failures - Support Request

I put together a lengthy document and submitted a support request to get assistance with the following non-functioning use cases:

USE CASES (in order of operational importance)

1. Run Resource Actions against Any Café Catalog Resource through vRO workflow. (missing ConsumerResourceOperations in plugin inventory)
  2. Change Ownership of Any Café Catalog Resource through vRO workflow. (owner is read-only on CatalogResource object)
  3. Request a vCACCAFE:CatalogItem to be run programmatically.  (Broken object on Library workflow "Request a catalog item"? CatalogItem missing in library. AdminCatalogItem is correct in our environment)

We are either unable to perform the actions due to product defects, environment configuration, or lack of understanding.  Nonetheless, when I get resolution... I will let you guys know.

Regards,

Sean

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SeanKohler
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Well unfortunately the problems existed right under my nose, and I missed it.  (I just love those.)  We even considered and discussed the actual resolution a while ago, but then I messed up the test to see if it fixed the problems.

We still do not have an answer for changing ownership of a CatalogResource using vRO workflow or action.  (# 2)

But both # 1 and # 3 were due to permissions issues with the VCAC plugin service account in relation to the Business Group Entitlements.  Thankfully, Steve recognized the problem almost immediately.  https://communities.vmware.com/message/2472092#2472092 If he was in my general area, I would buy him many glasses of whatever he is drinking.

I made this image that pretty well sums it up.  Hopefully you can learn from my mistakes.  (if you are having a similar configuration issue)

theBlunder.jpg

All the best,

Sean

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SeanKohler
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Well unfortunately the problems existed right under my nose, and I missed it.  (I just love those.)  We even considered and discussed the actual resolution a while ago, but then I messed up the test to see if it fixed the problems.

We still do not have an answer for changing ownership of a CatalogResource using vRO workflow or action.  (# 2)

But both # 1 and # 3 were due to permissions issues with the VCAC plugin service account in relation to the Business Group Entitlements.  Thankfully, Steve recognized the problem almost immediately.  https://communities.vmware.com/message/2472092#2472092 If he was in my general area, I would buy him many glasses of whatever he is drinking.

I made this image that pretty well sums it up.  Hopefully you can learn from my mistakes.  (if you are having a similar configuration issue)

theBlunder.jpg

All the best,

Sean

0 Kudos
pizzle85
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Did you actually see catalog items in the catalog folder? I'm trying to access them through vRO, the service account used to connect the plugin to vRA is entitled to all the catalog items. I even tried logging into vRO as the service account. I still don't see any catalog items. I'm on vRA 6.2.1 and vRO 6.0.1

0 Kudos
pizzle85
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Restarting the vRO services after adding the entitlements fixed it for me. Thanks for the post!

0 Kudos