VMware Cloud Community
Omega201110141
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Updates/Patches & Hotfixes

Author : pgilday

URL : http:////docs.vmware.com/en/vRealize-Automation/7.1/com.vmware.vrealize.automation.doc/GUID-4CAD1136...

Topic Name : vRealize Automation Information

Publication Name : vRealize Automation 7.1 Information

Product/Version : vRealize Automation/7.1

Question :

Is there a way I can see a list of patches/updates or hotfix applied on the vRA 7.1 environment?

** If you found this note/reply useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful" ** Rehman Memon follow me on twitter @RehmanMemon
0 Kudos
4 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Easy answer is "no" because there is no mechanism in 7.1 like there is a 7.4 to display patches and hotfixes.

0 Kudos
Omega201110141
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Smiley Happy Thanks, I was hoping if there is a way via cli i.e. logging into the appliance and finding out?

** If you found this note/reply useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful" ** Rehman Memon follow me on twitter @RehmanMemon
0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You'd probably have to open a case with GSS to correctly determine this.

0 Kudos
pgilday
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I got the same answer when I asked our customer support person here - There isn’t a public list of all hotfixes on any version pre 7.4. One option is a GSS search to confirm if the customer had requested and received any hotfixes.  That isn’t foolproof as there wouldn’t necessarily be a record if the customer applied any that were published via KB. Prior to the hot-fix installer w/ vRA 7.4, the expectation is that the customer will know what they have installed post-GA.

0 Kudos