VMware Cloud Community
Harkamals
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to remove endpoint

I'm not able to delete endpoint, it always tell me that there is a compute resource using it. The compute resources does not have any reservation or machine beneath it, it's not in use. Wonder how this can be sorted out.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AdamBohle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Harkamals

Unfortunately you need to remove any hosts from the DB which have been discovered with that endpoint before you can delete that endpoint, if you have no reservations set on your Cluster which you are looking to remove then you shoujld be able to achieve this with the attached SQL stored procecure which you can load into your DB.

0 Kudos
Harkamals
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Adam, I will try this.

0 Kudos
BaiG1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

hi Adam. i just run this script, then it can remove endpoint for me ? not familiar with SQL, so.... very apprecaite for your reply

0 Kudos
AdamBohle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The script will create a stored procedure in the vCloud Automation Center database, called usp_RemoveInacativeHosts I believe, you can then execute that stored procedure to remove the hosts which no longer have a reservation attached to them, this will then allow you to go into the UI and remove the endpoint which discovered the hosts originally. Hope that helps

0 Kudos