VMware Cloud Community
vk83
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to connect page after redirecting to vmware identity applaince websso

Hi,

I would you help here, i am trying to setup the vcac 6.0 with identity appliance.

-->configure time sync, ssl, sso joined, license updated.

-->but when i enter the vcac url, it redirects to my identiy appliance and then i get error in firefox unable to connect.

I have also attached the screen shot of the same.

Any help will be of great help.

Thanks

VK

6 Replies
vk83
Contributor
Contributor

Does any one have the same issue ?

0 Kudos
awjudge
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Are you running your web browser through a proxy?

0 Kudos
sg_chris
Contributor
Contributor

On the identity appliance, what do you have for SSO > Host Settings > SSO Host name? It should be the hostname of the identity appliance followed by :7444.  For example, vcac-id.vmware.local:7444

On the vCAC appliance, under vCAC Settings > SSO > SSO Host and Port, you should also have the hostname of the identity appliance followed by :7444

Also, why does the screenshot say sso.vcloudlab.com and the URL say sso.vcloud.com?  I'd double-check the settings above.  If they are all correct, I'd check name resolution from the appliances. 

I ran into a similar problem and it was because I left off the :7444.  I tried to fix it through the UI, but it didn't take so I just re-deployed the appliances, but I don't remember if I tried everything.  I think I just tried fixing it in the id appliance, but not going back to the vCAC appliance and reloading the SSO info.

Hope that helps. 

fperalta999
Contributor
Contributor

Verify time sync in all components (SSO, Vcac Server, IaaS and your client computer), i had a lot of problems when not exactly synched

Fernando Peralta VCP-Cloud, VCP-DCV 5
0 Kudos
bugblatterbeast
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had exactly this problem.

The cause was no :7444 after hostname in the ID Appliance Host Settings as sg_chris says.  Even though I added the port setting and hit apply the whole thing didn't work until i had restarted both appliances and cleared my cache and restarted Firefox.

VCP4/5, VCP6-CMA, VCAP-DCA4/5, VCAP-CIA, AWS-CSA, CCNA, MCSE, MCSA
0 Kudos
jocoll75
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

awesome post, I added port :7444 to my hostname in the ID appliance under host settings, rebooted and I was able to get to the UI.

0 Kudos