VMware Cloud Community
ManGroup
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to build from blueprint "No reservation available to allocate the requested resources.."

Good morning

using vRA 6.2.1 for a number of months now but when trying to build a machine i am getting

A server error was encountered Error requesting machine. Machine xxx: Allocate reservation operation failed for business group yyy. No reservation available to allocate the requested resources..

However I have a reservation which has enough RAM and Storage allocated but it still refuses to build not matter what i try

What can I check / try next?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
bradger33
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

IN the reservations  network tab, do you have a network profile attached to the network path?

0 Kudos
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Please double check your reservation, resources which are reserved under that (memory, storage, network), and reservation policy that you have mentioned.

along with that also double check your BluePrint and associated reservation policy there, and again double check that reservation policy is matching with the reservation that you are checking for resources. just to make sure that you are not looking at the different reservation then the right one.

Please also retrieve log entries (Infrastructure -> Monitoring -> Log), check and post error log entries here which got generated around the time when you tried to do deployment of this machine.

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified
0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Please Check Your Reservation and Blueprint:-are they linked with reservation policy or not. And verify resources are available or not in the reservation. If you can share your reservation and blueprint configuration screenshot then it can be helpful in troubleshooting.

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
keeptrying
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Besides reservation policy in blueprint and reservation, you should also check storage reservation policy in compute resource - configuration.

0 Kudos
GayatriT
Contributor
Contributor

When I am trying to deploy ubuntu server on azure cloud it succeed but when I am trying to deploy windows image in azure cloud getting below error:

The following component requests failed: Azure_Machine_windows. No reservation matches criteria '(Location EQ westus) AND (ResourceGroup EQ ICDS-IMIDemo) AND (LoadBalancer name EQ null and BackendAddressPool name EQ null) AND (NIC0 EQ undefined) AND (ImageSize EQ Standard_A0) AND (Image EQ MicrosoftWindowsServer:WindowsServer:2012-Datacenter:WindowsServer-3.127.20180216) AND (StorageDisks EQ null) AND (StorageAccount EQ null) AND (DiagnosticsStorageAccount EQ null)'.Reservation '73e198e7-82e6-4c60-8b37-7e938217ea66' mismatch '(Image EQ MicrosoftWindowsServer:WindowsServer:2012-Datacenter:WindowsServer-3.127.20180216)' sub-criteria (Dynamic Script Module name : AllocateAzureVM#1270) .

Does you issue resolved?

0 Kudos
GayatriT
Contributor
Contributor

Attached are the logs

0 Kudos
Caro1008
Contributor
Contributor

I resolved this by administration tab>Catalog Management>Entitlements, Validating or creation a new entitlement with the correct business group which has your reservation resource allocations connected to your blueprint. Hope that helps.

galok
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This definitely helped , Thanks

0 Kudos