VMware Cloud Community
Preet86
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to add service in catalog management- Add button greyed out vRA 6.2

Hi,

I have published the blueprint and now i need to publish it to our catalog, i am trying to create a service (Administration –> Catalog Managment –> Services) but the +Add button is greyed out, i am logged in with Business group manager/admin role.

any help would be much appreciated.

Please see att.

Regards,

Preet

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Tenant Administrator should be able to create Service under Catalog Management. While Business Group Admin can do Catalog Item Management under existing services but won't get creation capabilities, that's why your BG Admin is getting Add button greyed out.

Are you sure that the username/password you used is associated with Tenant Administrator role?

To verify this, all you can do is, login as System Wide administrator (administrator@vsphere.local) in default tenant url.

select your tenant from the list and Edit it, double check in third tab to see if the account you are referring as Tenant Admin is added under Tenant Administrator role, or if you are using groups to assign roles, please make sure that user account is member of right group.

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified

View solution in original post

4 Replies
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Please login with Tenant Administrator role to create new Service.

0 Kudos
Preet86
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I tried with tenant admin role but it does not show option related to services,I even tried with infra,Fabric admin roles but no options to add services.I am only getting the option when i login with group manage role but the +Add button is greyed out 😞

i did some search on internet but could not find article related to the problem, but everywhere it says to login with Group manager role.

Plz Help!!!!!!

0 Kudos
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Tenant Administrator should be able to create Service under Catalog Management. While Business Group Admin can do Catalog Item Management under existing services but won't get creation capabilities, that's why your BG Admin is getting Add button greyed out.

Are you sure that the username/password you used is associated with Tenant Administrator role?

To verify this, all you can do is, login as System Wide administrator (administrator@vsphere.local) in default tenant url.

select your tenant from the list and Edit it, double check in third tab to see if the account you are referring as Tenant Admin is added under Tenant Administrator role, or if you are using groups to assign roles, please make sure that user account is member of right group.

Preet86
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Excellent!!!!!

The user is already added so i tried to remove it and add it again in as tenant admin and it resolved 🙂

Thanks again, Much appreciated for your Excellent answer.....I owe you a coffee now!!