VMware Cloud Community
Fwa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Timed out while waiting for Event Broker response

When vRA deploys virtual machines, the status is in progress with the following error message:

sendEBSMessage9(workflow=eca9e4c2-9d83-40fe-b655-fb2c43b9a7cf) Error in state VMPSMasterWorkflow32.WaitingToBuild phase PRE event (queue = 5b644434-b26a-4e02-bebe-37952dcecdd5):
Timed out while waiting for Event Broker response

Is there any workaround for this problem?

If I set "True" the Disable extensibility in Global Settings as follows, I can avoid this problem. However I can't select this workaround because I need to use this Extensibility.

pastedImage_0.png

Tags (1)
11 Replies
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

how's your vRA environment is set.

is it with multiple vRA appliances behind load balancer?

if so, worth checking RabbitMQ cluster status, see bellow KB

vRealize Automation 7.0.x Manager Service extensibility callouts to Event Broker fails (2145735) | V...

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified
0 Kudos
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander

Need a bit more info about your environment. Is it distributed or behind a load balancer?

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos
Fwa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Thank you for your reply.

It is vRA minimal installation (POC). I don't use the load balancer.

Is there any hint to investigate this problem?

0 Kudos
ShanVMLand
Expert
Expert

Hi,

Did you fix this problem? I am having same issue. But, the environment in distributed installation with F5 loadbalancer. When I disable the global settings for EBS, it is working fine. We are not interested to go on that path, looking for a solution to fix this?

Shan

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
admin
Immortal
Immortal

0 Kudos
ShanVMLand
Expert
Expert

Thanks, I am using vRA 7.1. KB is not helping us Smiley Sad

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

The problem could be similar. Please check the rabbitmq cluster status through command line though the cluster status shows as connected in GUI.

0 Kudos
ShanVMLand
Expert
Expert

We fixed this issue with help of VMware support team!

Thanks,

Shan

0 Kudos
drstylex
Contributor
Contributor

What was the fix Shan?

0 Kudos
Fwa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Shan,

Unfortunately, I wan't able to avoid this problem therefore this EBS is stopped to use temporarily. Anyway REALLY THANK YOU!

0 Kudos
smz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Shan,

Please what was the fix that VMware Support provided?

We have the same problem and opened a case with VMware Support but did not get a resolution yet.

Thanks,

Sam

0 Kudos