VMware Cloud Community
Yuanye123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The problem of UTC with email notification

Hi,everyone.

When I finished email notification ,after test it,I got a problem. In the mail I got the wrong time of sending mail  using UTC.

But I have set the right TIME ZONE in VRA7.2.   So where is the problem?

By the way, I have consulted the vMware article of email customization in VRA, but Idid not find how to change the wrong time of sending mail .

Did any body met it ? 

Here is the  vMware article of email customization in VRA :Email Customization in vRA - VMware Cloud Management

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jasnyder
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Using the modifications I gave you, it worked fine for me (example in screenshot).  I assume this is what you mean about the time in the e-mail.

The only other thing you can try is to add the user.timezone setting to the JVM options on the vCAC server launch.  To do this, modify /etc/vcac/setenv-user and add a line at the bottom:

JVM_OPTS="$JVM_OPTS -Duser.timezone=Asia/Shanghai"

Save the file and then restart vCAC by running service vcac-server restart.  You can also try rebooting after that if it doesn't work.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jasnyder
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I found it necessary to change /etc/localtime on the vRA appliance and log in to the VAMI and change it under System/Timezone (see attached screenshot).

To change /etc/localtime log in to the vRA appliance via SSH.  Find the appropraite timezone in /usr/share/zoneinfo/<region>/<timezone> and copy it to /etc/localtime.  Example: US/East timezone the command is:

cp /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/New_York /etc/localtime

To  change on the vRA VAMI interface, log in to https://[vra-fqdn]:5480/ as root.  Click the System tab.  Click the Time Zone button.  Drop down and find the appropraite timezone.

At the end, reboot the server.  It did not seem to work until rebooting (not just restarting the vcac-server service)

0 Kudos
Yuanye123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi jasnyder:

Tks very much for your answer. But I have changed the timezone via VAMI and /etc/localtime on the vRA appliance. and then I reboot the server

In the log of VRA ,the time of action is right . but the time in email(not in vra)still uses wrong timezone of UTC.  So that's what i am confused .

So where is the problem?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
jasnyder
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Using the modifications I gave you, it worked fine for me (example in screenshot).  I assume this is what you mean about the time in the e-mail.

The only other thing you can try is to add the user.timezone setting to the JVM options on the vCAC server launch.  To do this, modify /etc/vcac/setenv-user and add a line at the bottom:

JVM_OPTS="$JVM_OPTS -Duser.timezone=Asia/Shanghai"

Save the file and then restart vCAC by running service vcac-server restart.  You can also try rebooting after that if it doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Yuanye123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi jasnyder:

Thank you very much! You are so clever.You guess it out what i mean . After I change the /etc/vcac/setenv-user . It works .

By the way ,I have another porblem . If I change the language of scenes(I use Chinese Simplified ) ,after I receive the email.

The lease and cost in email are garbled. So how can I solve it ?

pastedImage_1.pngpastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos