VMware Cloud Community
bikashyadav
Contributor
Contributor

The data specified within the request is invalid.The total storage that you requested is outside the

Getting this error while trying to reconfigure the VM nic. Trying to change the vlan from X to Y and below error it shows.

When checked i find that the totalstorage size was set as 1000GB in properties. see screenshot below. When i tried to edit the properties Cafe.Shim.VirtualMachine.TotalStorageSize and make it to 1500GB still it give the error. Any advice or suggestion to get it fixed. 

The data specified within the request is invalid.The total storage that you requested is outside the range specified in the blueprint that was used to provision this machine.

bikashyadav_0-1655387254397.png

bikashyadav_1-1655387312226.png

bikashyadav_2-1655387411699.png

bikashyadav_3-1655387513262.png

Thanks

Bikash

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You created separate threads in both the vRA and vRO areas for this issue - which one should remain?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
bikashyadav
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Scott,

I m not sure where should I kept so that someone respond to my query. Since the issue i shared might need both vra n vro expertise. I would leave it to you if it is all necessary to keep at one location. 

Thanks

Bikash

0 Kudos
rwk1982
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello!

The storage limit is defined on the Blueprint:

Desgin -> Blueprints -> Edit Blueprint -> Select the VM in the "Design Canvas" Field and then Tab "Machine Resources".

Regards,
Robert

Drink coffee.. Do stupid things faster with more energy...
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

On the basis of the latest reply your duplicate in the vRO area has been reported to moderators.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
bikashyadav
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply Robert. But we are using custom properties. If you have seen the screenshot it's the custom properties that are applied to the VM is controlling the limit. We don't have multiple BP for different deployment. We have just one base BP which is leveraged using custom properties n extensibilities.

Thanks

Bikash

0 Kudos