VMware Cloud Community
aseaz404
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Take ownership of a deployed blueprint (item in deployments)

Hello,

coming from a vCloud Director background I'm looking for the procedure to take ownership of an item, or deployed blueprint, belonging to a user that is no longer with the company.  As a tenant admin I can see the deployment listed in the Items tab but the "Actions" menu is empty.  I've read articles referencing "reassigning" the item but I'm not finding where to complete the task.  I appreciate anyone's input pointing me in the right direction.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Go to the items tab, find your item, highlight it, at the top of the page click on "view parent details".  That will pull up the parent and you should see a "Change Owner" option assuming you have the entitlement to do so.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

So far as I know you have to take ownership at the Deployment level.

0 Kudos
aseaz404
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply, can you explain what you mean?  Which tab can you complete this step in?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Go to the items tab, find your item, highlight it, at the top of the page click on "view parent details".  That will pull up the parent and you should see a "Change Owner" option assuming you have the entitlement to do so.

0 Kudos
aseaz404
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks, that's what we thought too but when the item is highlighted the "view parent details" is greyed out.  The tenant admin account I'm using has every available entitlement assigned, so I'm not sure what we're missing.

0 Kudos
aseaz404
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Apologies and thank you for pointing us in the right direction.  While the tenant admin had all the entitlements, they were not associated to the correct business group.