VMware Cloud Community
vmware12
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Strange SQL error during SSO section of vRealize Automation Installation Wizard - minimal install

Hi guys,

Got a bizarre error here during the automation wizard for 7.0.1:

PreparedStatementCallback; SQL [INSTER INTO installation_wizard_params (node, page, role, instance, param, value, sequence) values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)]; ERROR: insert or update on table "installation_wizard_params" violates foreign key constraint "installation wizard params pk" Detail: Kye (node)=(cafe.node.128400245.15991) is not present in table "cluster_nodes".; nested exception is org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: insert or update on table "installation_wizard_params" violates foreign key constraints "installation_wizard_params_pk" Detail: Key (node)=(cafe.node.128400245.15991) is not present in table "cluster_nodes".

Capture.JPG

The above error happens during the Single Sign-On section of the installation wizard. It read like a glitch to me, so I ran through a few different options to make sure I'm not just mis-matching passwords or not hitting the requirements:

Capture1.JPG Capture2.JPG

I've tried a password that matches the root password for the box/appliance and ones that are nothing similar to anything in the environment. Nothing seems to be working.

Anyone have a workaround for this, or am I doomed to a manual install?

Thanks,

Cameron

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vmware12
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If anyone runs into the same error, I built a new IaaS server and pointed the appliance at that. No SQL error.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Based on that behaviour I suspect that a manual install may break also.

Can you please try to use VMware1! (this should 100% work) and if that throws the same error, I would try to deploy another appliance and restart the wizard.

Grant

Grant http://grantorchard.com
vmware12
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I blew away the old appliance and deployed a new ovf. Using the VMware1! password I get the same error as before. I'm wondering if I should download a new version of the ovf or something.

0 Kudos
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Yep, I would definitely do that.

Grant

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos
vmware12
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If anyone runs into the same error, I built a new IaaS server and pointed the appliance at that. No SQL error.

0 Kudos
Fwa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

With vRA 7.1, I got the same error in Installation Wizard as follows:

PreparedStatementCallback; SQL [INSTER INTO installation_wizard_params (node, page, role, instance, param, value, sequence) values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)];

I can resolve this error to deploy vRA7.1 OVA from vSphere Web Client instead of using vSphere Client. (However, I can't find the root cause of this issue.)

I hope this information help someone using vRA.

0 Kudos
PaulusG
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

While performing a minimal deplyment with version 7.4, I ran into exactly the same SQL error. I also noticed that the vRA appliance, eth0 did not pick up its fixed IP address. After cancelling the Installation Wizard, I also noticed that SSO service was not running (according to the VAMI interface).
The following worked for me: Deleted the vRA appliance, Uninstall the Management agent on the IaaS server, plus reboot. A new deployment of the vRA went succesful, also the Installation Wizard. Hope this will help.

Paul Grevink Twitter: @PaulGrevink http://twitter.com/PaulGrevink If you find this information useful, please consider awarding points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
Freejack84
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

1. Log in to the vRealize Automation appliance using root credentials.
  2. Run the command:

/usr/sbin/vcac-config -v -e cluster-config-enable --update-info

Try again with the admin pass step in wizard.