VMware Cloud Community
barnette08
Expert
Expert

Stop, Destroy, Deploy Failures

Hey all, I have a recently deployed vRA 7.4 instance running and I'm trying to identify the cause of a few different things that are happening.

1. Partial success of deployment of a test, where a single VM blueprint was deployed with a count of 5.  Only a few of the VMs successfully deployed.

2. When trying to power off one of the VMs from the items tab, some fail and some do not.

3. When trying to destroy one of the VMs from the items tab, some fail and some do not.

Since this is a distributed install I'm having trouble finding which log set I should be looking into. 

TIA!

6 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

The first thing to do would be post screenshots of the failure messages inside the interface for each of the three line items and then go from there.

0 Kudos
barnette08
Expert
Expert

It's not an error message, its a failed status when viewing progress.  Is there a way to view the failure in more detail?  I may have missed that in the GUI.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Look at the request and show the request details. Alternatively, show the IaaS log under Monitoring for that period.

barnette08
Expert
Expert

Alright thats actually pretty helpful because I was missing the extra details view.  The partial deployments were failing due to customization, but the destroy and power off are showing in process still and have yet to time out (2 days).

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

If you get failures in CustomizeOS then it's usually something to do with the customization spec. As for the power operations, check the tasks list on the VM. Was a task issued to vCenter or no?

0 Kudos
barnette08
Expert
Expert

No tasks were executed in vCenter.

0 Kudos