VMware Cloud Community
sean_gadson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Software Components

Hello,

Currently in our provisioning process we use a software component to format the disk and file system on our linux and windows machines.  If we want to extend a file system that is part of a software component how do I go about doing that?  Just updating the software component and the script will automatically run or is there something else I have to do?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

When you say "software component" you're referring to the vRA software blueprint and not something else in vRO, right?

0 Kudos
sean_gadson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

yes that is correct

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Ok, then this probably doesn't belong in the vRO forum. If you want to add that ability to your software component, you have to pick a lifecycle state during which you want it to run. When you do so, any new deployments that use that software component will run it, but it doesn't apply retroactively to existing deployments.

0 Kudos
sean_gadson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ok I can force a lifecycle state change on a XaaS Blueprint right? Say I want reformat the disks (which the sofware component does - formats the disk with a bash script).  I can pick a state like Resetting?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

I don't think software components apply to XaaS components. I think in your case you'd need to create a day-2 action through vRO if you want to do this after the fact.

0 Kudos