VMware Cloud Community
mstefani77
Contributor
Contributor

Slow Loading of XAAS Resource Action Forms

Has anyone else experienced issues with their XAAS resource actions taking a really long time to display the form?  Strangely our XAAS blueprints come up reasonably fast, but any day 2 actions take 10-30 seconds to load even with very simple actions.  Any logging we could review to see what's causing that delay?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
xian_
Expert
Expert

Wrt. logging, check /var/log/vmware/vco/app-server/scripting.log

0 Kudos
mstefani77
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, will check that out.

0 Kudos
mstefani77
Contributor
Contributor

The only thing I see from that log is an attempt to resolve the vCenter VM from the vCAC item.  It looks like that runs pretty much immediately.  One thing worth nothing is that the delay seems to only affect the first time you run the action.  For example the first time I ran action X the spinning icon literally went for 5 minutes before loading up the form.  Cancel out and run it again and it only spun for a few seconds.  Even after logging out and back on the delay is reasonable.  It's almost like something get's cached after that first load, I don't fully get what though.    

0 Kudos
xian_
Expert
Expert

Is your DNS configured correctly on IaaS and vRA appliance?

0 Kudos
mstefani77
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I think I've narrowed the issue down to the vCenter plug-in, but I'm really curious why others aren't running into the same problem.  The first time an XAAS actions runs for the day in server.log you see the error below.  That error loops through every single VM in the vCenter and the XAAS page doesn't actually load in the UI until that's complete.  This pattern seems to repeat every 4 hours, it's almost like the info gets cached and then the cache expires 4 hours later and runs again.

[ObjectUpdateParser] assign disabledMethod ->

VirtualMachine::vm-XXXX

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot find managedMethod with name: UpgradeToolsFromImage_Task

at com.vmware.o11n.plugin.vsphere.pc.ObjectUpdateParser.applyProperyChange(ObjectUpdateParser.java:65)

at com.vmware.o11n.plugin.vsphere.pc.ObjectUpdateParser.processObjectUpdate(ObjectUpdateParser.java:112)

at com.vmware.o11n.plugin.vsphere.pc.CacheUpdate.processUpdateSet(CacheUpdate.java:110)

at com.vmware.o11n.plugin.vsphere.pc.CacheUpdate$UpdateSetHandler.nextUpdateSet(CacheUpdate.java:171)

at com.vmware.o11n.plugin.vsphere.pc.CacheUpdate.run(CacheUpdate.java:66)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

0 Kudos