VMware Cloud Community
avinashjalumuru
Contributor
Contributor

Show output (or Tabular input) in VRA

Hello,

I completely understand that VRA is a configuration and automation tool. However one of the customers is looking to display output of one workflow in a tabular format.

The output can be something like (Employee Number, Employee Name).

After some research, I couldn't find any options that can display output. Looking for help through this forum.

1. Is it possible to list output in VRA? If possible, can you please share the steps of doing it.

2. On the similar note, I also tried to get the predefined default values at the time of input. I am retrieving the two arrays to list the two columns. Is there any option to consumed these list as default values in a tabular format.

Any suggestions or possibilities are very much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Avinash.

2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

How are you thinking this needs to work from request form down to output?

0 Kudos
avinashjalumuru
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I was thinking if there is an option to display output at the end of workflow execution in VRA.

Based on observations, VRA form takes the request input, process the request in the background displaying Request status as 'OK'. There is no form/place to display any output.

I was checking if there is any option where instead of this 'OK', the request is processed and display the output. But I feel it is not possible as VRA is not designed to do such tasks.

To meet my customer request, I did few changes which closely maps to the request. (If there are any inputs or suggestions, please comment)

1. In VRO presentation, created two steps. Each step shows different input pages in VRA.

2. First page takes the actual input information

3. Required input parameters (of Page1) are initialized using 'data binding' property in presentation.

(Data binding action takes the dependent arguments, performs the action and the output values are stored in input variables)

4. Second page uses the input values of Page 1 and displays them in "Text box" or "Form table"

5. The actual workflow schema of VRO is empty.

Thanks,

Avinash.

0 Kudos