VMware Cloud Community
Michal_Gasior
Contributor
Contributor

Set Completion Details for vRA request

Hi,

I want to set some string output to be easily seen on Deployments page on vRA for xaas blueprints

For a failed workflow it's easy because the error from exception is shown on the page.

I'm trying to get one working for successfully completed workflows.

I tried editing it after the original workflow is completed with code:

ASDRequest = vCACCAFEEntitiesFinder.getCatalogItemRequest(vRA_CAFEHost,ASDRequestId);

System.log(ASDRequest.requestCompletion);

ASDRequest.requestCompletion.setCompletionDetails('setCompletionDetails text');

System.log(ASDRequest.requestCompletion);

and vro logs gives me:

[2019-02-25 06:18:37.844] [I] DynamicWrapper (Instance) : [vCACCAFERequestCompletion]-[class com.vmware.vcac.catalog.rest.stubs.RequestCompletion] -- VALUE : SUCCESSFUL - The request was successfully completed

[2019-02-25 06:18:37.847] [I] DynamicWrapper (Instance) : [vCACCAFERequestCompletion]-[class com.vmware.vcac.catalog.rest.stubs.RequestCompletion] -- VALUE : SUCCESSFUL - setCompletionDetails text

But there is no change in vRA

Looks like I'm edition only a local object in vRO and not in the vRA

Is there a way to get it working or other solution to show custom output on vRA portal?

I know I can create "Submitted request details form" but it takes 4 clicks to get there from deployments page. I would prefer something easier / straightforward for the user.

Thanks,

Michal

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
martin12340
Contributor
Contributor

It could be another cause that a VM request was submitted which started a vRO workflow. Part of the workflow pauses release of the VM until it verifies that the request is marked completed vivavideo.

0 Kudos