VMware Cloud Community
tm19
Contributor
Contributor

Service blueprint, conditional items on forms

Hi,

I have a service blueprint that fires off a vco provisioning workflow. On the request form I have a drop down box with a couple of options for clusters, I want to only show some other fields on form if certain clusters are selected.

I have tried using constraints-visible-conditional for this, all the settings look ok but it never draws the field if the conditions are met.

So the question is, does anyone know if this form is dynamic or static, must the (in this case) cluster field be set in advance of this form being drawn ?

Cheers

Thomas

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
AntLeguy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HelIo ! I just did this and it works for me :

Like you, I created a string with predefined answer :

Sans titre.jpg

This is on your vCAC screen, for the moment, vCAC has quite some trouble to translate the vCO presentation options for hide/show, so you have to redefine it on vCAC !

Hit edit, and go like you said on the constraints tab, on visible, select conditional, choose your operator and the value :

Sans titre.jpg

Here I chose two, and when i execute it :

Sans titre.jpg

And if i select two, the string field appears :

Sans titre.jpg

Hope this is what you wanted !

tm19
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, what you have above is pretty much what I have in my form, a String drop down box with a couple of options, then a second field with visible conditions set the same as above. It doesn't work for me on any browser, but given it works for you it seems like something up with my appliance. What version did you test against, I am on 6.01.

Cheers

0 Kudos
tm19
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Had this resolved with the help of vmware support, while the visible conditions were correct we needed to add the source field to the default field of the constrained field. That is I needed to add the cluster field as a default field to the storage (sometimes visible) field.

0 Kudos
AntLeguy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

Well that's good to know, because it was kind of weird with it not working as you wanted.

0 Kudos
rickvelez
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I'm trying to do this exact visible conditional.

How did you do this?

Add the field as a Default value of the hidden field?

0 Kudos
tm19
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

From what I can recall I had to had it into the hidden field, I don't have the older version of vco around to test it.

I did just test it on vco 6.0; drop down box with 2 options and a text field which was dependent on it.

I made the dependent field visible conditional dependent on the drop down box and it worked ok, sorry I can test it on an older version.

Cheers

0 Kudos