VMware Cloud Community
aenagy
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

SQL query to show all build profiles, properties and values.

I am trying to create a SQL query to extract all of our build profiles, their properties and values. The output needs to include the build profile name, property name and property value. I found the following tables and just need to figure out the proper query. I keep thinking that this is some sort of JOIN.

SELECT [Id]

,[EntityID]

,[PropertyName]

,[PropertyValue]

,[IsHidden]

,[IsRuntime]

,[IsEncrypted]

FROM [VCAC_DB].[dbo].[GlobalProfileProperties]

SELECT [GlobalProfileID]

,[ProfileName]

,[Description]

FROM [VCAC_DB].[dbo].[GlobalProfiles]

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tnavarro1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Does this help?

SELECT GlobalProfiles.ProfileName, GlobalProfileProperties.PropertyName, GlobalProfileProperties.PropertyValue

FROM GlobalProfiles

INNER JOIN GlobalProfileProperties ON GlobalProfiles.GlobalProfileID = GlobalProfileProperties.EntityID

I also like this because it gives all the details about the individual custom properties within a build profile (like IsHidden, which tells you if the DEM is going to process the property):

SELECT GlobalProfiles.ProfileName, GlobalProfileProperties.*

FROM GlobalProfiles

INNER JOIN GlobalProfileProperties ON GlobalProfiles.GlobalProfileID = GlobalProfileProperties.EntityID

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
tnavarro1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Does this help?

SELECT GlobalProfiles.ProfileName, GlobalProfileProperties.PropertyName, GlobalProfileProperties.PropertyValue

FROM GlobalProfiles

I also like this because it gives all the details about the individual custom properties within a build profile (like IsHidden, which tells you if the DEM is going to process the property):

SELECT GlobalProfiles.ProfileName, GlobalProfileProperties.*

FROM GlobalProfiles

0 Kudos
aenagy
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

tnavarro1:

Awesome! I have been wanting this for a long time.

I agree, the second query is more useful.

0 Kudos