VMware Cloud Community
cbreuser
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Rookie vRA 8.4 question

Moving to 8.4 from 7.5 we have custom server build workflows to do stuff prior and post template build, like do DNS lookups, ping IPs, check inventory and move AD accounts. Previously we could just build workflows with custom actions and import into a XaaS workflow, i am sure its incredibly simple but i can't seem to find a way of either calling on workflows pre created in vRO or adding in powershell scripts to the YAML code to do these pre and post tasks..

I also dont seem to have CodeStream installed so missing options for Kubernetes etc, can anyone point me in the right direction to add CodeStream to my deployment..

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Batmergen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

What's your vRealize License? CodeStream is only available for people who have vRealize Enterprise License.

If you want to call vRO action/workflow or Powershell scripts as pre and post tasks you might want to look into Extensibility->Subscriptions and choose the event topics such as Compute Provision completed for after the VM is created and Compute Provision removed for after deleting the VM to cleanup AD, DNS or whatever. I found this video helpful when I first started with it. Also check out this wiki https://learnvrealizeautomation.github.io/

Good Luck on your VRA8 Journey!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Batmergen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

What's your vRealize License? CodeStream is only available for people who have vRealize Enterprise License.

If you want to call vRO action/workflow or Powershell scripts as pre and post tasks you might want to look into Extensibility->Subscriptions and choose the event topics such as Compute Provision completed for after the VM is created and Compute Provision removed for after deleting the VM to cleanup AD, DNS or whatever. I found this video helpful when I first started with it. Also check out this wiki https://learnvrealizeautomation.github.io/

Good Luck on your VRA8 Journey!

0 Kudos