VMware Cloud Community
Zaib_Khan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Retention policy set in Vrealzie Log insight Appliance

Hi,

I have 450 GB disk storage for my Vrealize log insight virtual appliance (Storage/Core)

when i go to administration TAB and monitor the live storage space, it will filled up half of the disk space.

it makes me worried if space gets full then what happens. I do not want to enable archiving in my environment.

So is it possible to restructure the retention policy and i can i set the retention of my requirement i.e it will not occupy full storage core disk as it occupy half of the storage core disk.

Is there any mechanism of auto logs purging, that is cam logs will be auto purged if it will reach up to the defined space threshold.

Waiting for the response.

3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

There is not adjustment of retention in Log Insight. The appliance is supposed to fill up normally in order to keep the most amount of data. There is built-in ability to handle the space accordingly and so there's nothing you need to worry about as far as it filling up the appliance. Logs will be rotated out on a FIFO basis when it reaches around 90% capacity (something like that).

Zaib_Khan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, daphnissov​,

Thanks for the support. So it means it purges out automatically the last dated logs and retrieve the space for new logs.

Thanks once again, you are always helpful to me in vrealize LOG insight issues.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Yes, correct. Does this answer your question?

0 Kudos