VMware Cloud Community
Aristizabal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Restart vRA 7 deployment wizard

Hello,

I am going through the installation wizard on vRA 7 but for some reason I had to change the Windows account that runs the DEM agents and the SQL DB connection, when I get to the Validation section of the wizard the connection to the DB fails, in the logs I can see it is still trying to use the old account I ran it the first time it failed.

I have gone back to the first section and entered the values again, logged out and restart the appliance, but every time the Wizard uses the wrong account.  Is there any way to force a restart of the deployment without redeploying the appliance?

There was a KB at some point but it was removed:

https://kb.vmware.com/kb/2143063

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Juan.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pizzle85
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I had several issues like that on my initial installations, some of them eventually resolved themselves others never did. In all honesty is was easier to re-deploy the appliance than wait or try to troubleshoot.

The first time i had to re-deploy the appliance I took a snapshot immediately after deploying the appliance so i would have a clean base image to revert to if needed.

-Paul

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
pizzle85
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I had several issues like that on my initial installations, some of them eventually resolved themselves others never did. In all honesty is was easier to re-deploy the appliance than wait or try to troubleshoot.

The first time i had to re-deploy the appliance I took a snapshot immediately after deploying the appliance so i would have a clean base image to revert to if needed.

-Paul

0 Kudos
Aristizabal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks Paul, you are right, I redeployed the appliance and everything works now.

Regards,

Juan.

0 Kudos
kevin8611
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

No need to redeploy vra appliance. Just some commands. Check this vRA 7 – How to restart the vRealize Automation Installation Wizard | VMignite.com  , just be aware that the command is ./vcac-vami installation-wizard activate, there is no "n"  in the end of "vami"

0 Kudos
saurabhheda
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

You can simply restart the installation wizard. I have written an article about it, please check the link below:

Restart vRealize Automation 7.3 Installation Wizard (vRA 7.3) – vResolv

Thanks,

Saurabh

0 Kudos
saurabhheda
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

You can simply restart the installation wizard. I have written an article about it, please check the link below:

Restart vRealize Automation 7.3 Installation Wizard (vRA 7.3) – vResolv

Thanks,

Saurabh

0 Kudos