VMware Cloud Community
awjudge
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Resource not found for the segment 'VirtualMachines'.

Hi,

I'm seeing lots of errors as above: Resource not found for the segment 'VirtualMachines'. or Resource not found for the segment 'VirtualMachineProperties'. in my system log.

Things seem to be working fine, so I'm not sure what they mean, can anyone shed some light?

9 Replies
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I can only confirm we see the same errors in our environment.  I think we have a support case open on this but I am not positive what the status is.

qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Did you ever happen to get an answer on this?  I just upgraded to 6.1 and this error persists.

0 Kudos
sbeaver
Leadership
Leadership

I am seeing the same thing in my environment also

Steve Beaver
VMware Communities User Moderator
VMware vExpert 2009 - 2020
VMware NSX vExpert - 2019 - 2020
====
Co-Author of "VMware ESX Essentials in the Virtual Data Center"
(ISBN:1420070274) from Auerbach
Come check out my blog: [www.virtualizationpractice.com/blog|http://www.virtualizationpractice.com/blog/]
Come follow me on twitter http://www.twitter.com/sbeaver

**The Cloud is a journey, not a project.**
0 Kudos
jlholbrook
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Same here, everything appears healthy. These unhelpful errors make this log mostly useless.

0 Kudos
RonPSSC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Paul;

Same issue has manifested itself in our environment. Were you able to get a response back from VMware on this or get this resolved on your own? I agree, inefficient use of log space if these are, in fact, benign errors.. :smileyconfused:

Thx. Ron

0 Kudos
Craig_G2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Can confirm I see this too.

Spoke to GSS about it and they said it was normal. 🙂

RonPSSC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ok so this particular "error" is to be considered normal.. :smileysilly:  Thx for the update.

If you truly find these types of messages annoying and a waste of time/space, you could always purge them (periodically) from the Database using the following SQL script. Since my vCAC DB is installed and running on a MS SQL 2008 R2 Server, it's possible this statement might not be applicable to all DB Instances. Goes w/o saying but I will anyway, be careful when applying any changes directly to the DB. Remember to select your vCAC DB Instance below.

Use (Insert your DB Instance Name here)

DELETE FROM [DynamicOps.Tracking].[TrackingLogItems]

WHERE Message like '%Resource not found for the segment%VirtualMachines%'

I also noted the 'Source' of these types of Error Messages stem from the "Repository". Although I make no representation that the following is accurate and/or applies to other environments, I have also discovered a few other benign Error Messages originating from the Repository that can safely be ignored and purged from the DB if you so choose. This is the SQL statement I use to perform such an action.

Use (insert your DB Instance name here)

DELETE FROM [DynamicOps.Tracking].[TrackingLogItems]

WHERE TrackingSourceId = '4'

koushik_vmware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Dear,

I am also facing the same type of exception during more than one deployment. I have posted the detailed log and message to below community.

Can you please check and help me out ?

HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found : Resource not found for the segment 'VirtualMachines'.

Thanks,

Koushik

0 Kudos
hindusthan_kash
Contributor
Contributor

Found this KB helpful:

VMware Knowledge Base

0 Kudos