VMware Cloud Community
kampraja
Contributor
Contributor

Resource modification(increase or decrease cpu and memory) on existing VM which has been deployed using vRA blueprint.

Hello Guys,

Can anyone help me to understand if we have any document available which explains End to End life cycle of resource modification.

Example : 1. Deployed vm by using blueprint , while deployment process it will interact IaaS component(WAPI are the first one to take request and convert to xml and pass to Repository for resource check from SQL Database ant then DEM-W/O etc) to completed the vm deployment.

2. Same way if i am using existing vm(Deployed from vRA) which has 2 CPU and 4 GB Memory now i wanted to modify the resources from 2 to 4 CPU and 4 to 8 GB Memory, So during this process will it interact with IaaS service to complete the process(which i think no) or vRO workflow will drive the process of resource modification, looking detail explanation.?

2. Also if performing start/stop operation on VM from vRA what all service it will use to complete the process e.g will it use IaaS component etc.?

Thanks so much in advance.

Kamlesh.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
rmav01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have you looked into the out of the box Machine Reconfiguration action yet?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Please read the product documentation as all of this is detailed there.

0 Kudos
kampraja
Contributor
Contributor

Thankyou for your response.

I gone thru wth link you share but seems i am still in confusion like apart from DEM worker will it be also interacting with other IaaS component? I know there is vRO work FLOW which will do the job but before vRO workflow triggered what all services is required to push the vm to invoke the vRO workflow.

vRealize Automation Workflow Activity Reference

Thanks in Andvance,

0 Kudos