VMware Cloud Community
GurpreetKaurBab
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re-Configure : Approval Policy - Allow Approver to modify the request (vRA 7.6)

Hey Guys,

The client has asked the requirement to allow Approver to modify "CPU, Memory and Storage" Configuration requested during OOB "Re-configure" Action. ( vRA 7.6)

Can someone please guide which "custom Property" in Approval Policy can help me achieve that.

I have tried below custom Properties in Approval Policy "Service Catalog - Resource Action Requested - Reconfigure - Machine but none of them seems to be working.

1. VirtualMachine.CPU.Count
  2. CPU.Count
  3. CPU
  4. VMCPUs
  5. VMCPU
  6. VirtualMachine.VMCPUs

Would request your guidance, or please let me know this is not possible or there is another way of dong this.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
xian_
Expert
Expert

Try VirtualMachine.Reconfigure.CpuCount , VirtualMachine.Reconfigure.MemorySize and VirtualMachine.TotalStorageSize

Not sure if it will work, but I checked these for an external approval system.

0 Kudos
GurpreetKaurBab
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Smiley Sad

Even these Custom Properties are not working.

Its showing like This :

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

These are provisioned already, so would they have VCAC properties or something different?

Not Sure, how to access the properties showing on Approval Page

0 Kudos
xian_
Expert
Expert

I don't think VCAC is aware of these values as they have not been processed on IaaS side yet.

Have you tried entering any values below Justification to modify the original request?

0 Kudos
GurpreetKaurBab
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yep, I have tried .

They show up similarly for every custom property that I have tried. And then vRA ignores the value that I have key In into these parameters.

Ideally, if we would be using correct custom Property, the field to key In "CPU Memory Storage" will also reflect permissible max and min values of these configuration. Unfortunately, this is not happening.

>>

If not vCAC, then could vCACCAFE be aware of these?

0 Kudos