VMware Cloud Community
DavidArmstrongN
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Provisioning a VM with vCAC

I am embarrassed to have to ask the question, but here goes.

How do I provision a VM with vCAC?

I have setup the application.  Created the blueprint.  Created the service.  Created the business group.  Created the entitlement.  Created the catalog item.

As far as I can tell, I have done everything that needs to be done to allow for a VM to be provisioned, but I cannot find where in the application to actually access the catalog and execute a provisioning action.

The logical place to do it would be https://fqdn to vcac/shell-ui-app/org/<tenant> logging in as a regular user who is a member of the Business Group with access to the appropriate Catalog items and Entitlements.

What am I missing?  I am sure that the answer is right in front of my face, but I cannot see it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
awjudge
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

If you're a member of the Entitlement to the service, and a member of the business group, you should have a Catalog tab when you login. All blueprints you have access to will be listed there...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
awjudge
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

If you're a member of the Entitlement to the service, and a member of the business group, you should have a Catalog tab when you login. All blueprints you have access to will be listed there...

0 Kudos
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Check that the Service is Published (I think, might be Active vs Inactive).

Grant

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos
DavidArmstrongN
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Is there some sort of delay between when all of the components (Service, Entitlement, etc) are created and when they are actually available in the UI?

I logged into the same resource this morning and had the Catalog tab and the blueprint that I published.

The exact same login to the same resource last night was blank.

0 Kudos