VMware Cloud Community
sanzende
Contributor
Contributor

Problem configuring external vCO server in vCAC

Hi,

I am trying to connect my external vCO server (5.5) in vCAC 6.1 using Administration->Server Configuration->Use an external Orchestrator server", but I am getting error "Cannot connect to the Orchestrator server".

I have enter correct FQDN/IP Address and port 8281 but still I am not able to figure out what is the problem.

I believe this should be a very common issue but I did not find it on the internet. How do I troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
GMCON
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How are you typing in the user account that authenticates to the vCO? It should be user@domain.local for the user name

Is this a windows server with vCO installed or the vCO appliance?

0 Kudos
sanzende
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks GMCON for the response.

I have selected the authentication type as "Basic" and added user administrator@vsphere.local. Using the same credentials I am able to login to vCO client(https:/<vCAC appliance>:8281/vco -> Orchestrator Client)

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep Zende

0 Kudos
GMCON
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If you set up your vCO for authentication with SSO that your installation uses have you tried just selecting SSO as the authentication method instead of Basic?  What exact error are you getting?

0 Kudos
sanzende
Contributor
Contributor

My vCO is installed on the same server as vCenter server and both use common SSO account. But for vCAC, I am using a separate vCAC Identity appliance for authentication. But here too, I am using the same user name and password. But still I did try to use authentication type SSO and it did not work.

0 Kudos
sanzende
Contributor
Contributor

This is what I see in the /var/log/messages of vCAC appliance I try to click on "Test Connection"

[component="cafe:advanced-designer" priority="INFO" thread="tomcat-http--97" tenant="vsphere.local"] com.vmware.vcac.designer.service.vco.VcoSessionManager.testVcoConfiguration:272 - Unable to connect to vCO Server, reason:401 Full authentication is required to access this resource

0 Kudos