VMware Cloud Community
obrienj123
Contributor
Contributor

Present Provisioning Wizard to End User

I am in the beginning stages of deploying VCAC and vCO. I was trying to go though my list to determine which catalog items I would like to make available. I started to realize that there are a lot of different options and combinations that a user may want. I know there is the option of multi-machine blueprints but even then there are a lot of choices. 

I am wondering if it's possible (using either vCO or VCAC) to present the user with a wizard that would guide them through the provisioning process. It would start with, which operating system and list all available options, then it would ask which applications do you need and then provide a list of all applications.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As you have already realized, vCAC blueprints are based on back-end templates. The case you are talking about is only possible if vCAC was deploying a machine when the user requested and then installed a OS etc which vCAC cannot do with vSphere blueprints.

But i know there is WinPE and Linux kickstart for physical provisioning. May be search on that line and see if you can achieve it. But as far as i know, that granularity and customization is not there in vCAC.

vCenter with just vCO could do that though. you can even build a portal using Orchestrator Web-views.

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

0 Kudos