VMware Cloud Community
VirExprt
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Postgrase Configuration for vRA distributed Deployment

Hello,

We are performing distributed deployment for vRA 6.2.2 and have question around the Postgres SQL server implementation. All the documentation speaks about cluster of DB server among vRA appliance. does vRA distributed deployment mandatory requires vPostgres into cluster or can i separate a single instance of Postgres and post both vRA appliance to the same.

We do not want to cluster the DB server unless it is mandatory for vRA.

If single Postgres can address the requirement, is there any specific configuration in DB to let it communicate to both vRA appliances?

Regards, MG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kumarankpl
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Yes you can use single Postgres and work without any problem. And there is no special requirement as such. It generally recommendation to have Postgres in Cluster to have HA.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kumarankpl
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Yes you can use single Postgres and work without any problem. And there is no special requirement as such. It generally recommendation to have Postgres in Cluster to have HA.

0 Kudos
VirExprt
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

this sounds like a good news to me...i just wanted to make sure i got it correct...i will be able to achieve HA for vRA in distributed deployment model even if i do not use cluster for vRA postgres DB?

thanks

Br,

MG

Regards, MG
0 Kudos