VMware Cloud Community
steveschofield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Pass properties payload from Iaas to Xaas blueprint in vRA7 / vRO 7

Looking for someone who knows Xaas, vRO and vRA7

Here is our scenario

I want to send a notification email at the very end of a machine being built, after all software components have been executed.  Our blueprints have software components run after a machine is built.  We use software components to run custom commands to install software on Linux and Windows machines.  I'd LOVE to use the EBS (event broker service), but this is no longer viable after machine is built and I don't want to send custom emails using EBS, which would send a custom email in the middle of the build.

I'm looking to pass a set of properties (list below) back to a Xaas blueprint, write data locally on the machine or on a powershell host.  My last software component would read the data, send the custom email to the end user.  Our current self-service portal sends emails at the end to notify the machine is done.  The custom notification system implementation is less than ideal and is almost impossible in customizing.

Any ideas??

Do I use custom resources? I've read the docs and wondering if this is a potential workaround??

vRealize Automation 7.0

Custom Properties and a set of these are the properties I'm referring to above

Extensibility.Lifecycle.Properties.VMPSMasterWorkflow32.BuildingMachine : *

Extensibility.Lifecycle.Properties.VMPSMasterWorkflow32.Disposing : *

Extensibility.Lifecycle.Properties.VMPSMasterWorkflow32.MachineActivated : *

Extensibility.Lifecycle.Properties.VMPSMasterWorkflow32.MachineProvisioned : *

Extensibility.Lifecycle.Properties.VMPSMasterWorkflow32.Requested : *

Extensibility.Lifecycle.Properties.VMPSMasterWorkflow32.UnprovisionMachine : *

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
steveschofield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I found this workflow that "kind of" does what I want, yet I'm still too new of using vRO to integrate into an existing workflow.

FlowGrab: View Project

0 Kudos