VMware Cloud Community
BillStreet00
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Odd Issues with an Endpoint(s)

We just did a migration from ESXi 6 to 6.5. I installed a new agent for the 6.5 environment and made sure I wrote the endpoint name down correctly.  I created the new endpoint with no issue and I was able to see the vCenter clusters in vRA with no issue.  I was able to create a new reservation in the new environment with no issues.  The cluster I was using is called PROD and handles 80% of our VM's.  When attempting to create a reservation on the other clusters I noticed that I did not have any compute resources.

• I was able to see the cluster resources when creating a fabric group.
  • The service account has full permissions in vCenter
  • I did restart the vRA appliance and ensured all of the services came up.
  • I looked in INFRASTRUCTURE > MONITORING > LOG, no errors.
  • When I inventory my compute resources I can see the Compute Resource, Inventory and State sections.  There is no indication of inventory ever successfully running (even on the PROD cluster). When trying to refresh the button is pushable but nothing happens.
  • I can see all the resources in the PROD cluster but the other four clusters come up blank.
  • I have removed and reinstalled the agent. Successful installation but no luck resolving my issue.
  • I removed a cluster from my current fabric group, created a new one and added it there.  No luck.
  • The ESXi 6 endpoint cannot be deleted. I get a message that a host or network profile is still being referenced. I have completely removed the resources from this endpoint from any fabric group but I still get the error.
  • I did perform an in place upgrade from 7.2 to 7.3.

I have a case open with VMW support but nothing has been found yet.  I was hoping the group might have found an issue similar.

Thanks

Bill

0 Kudos
1 Reply
parmarr
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello,

7.3 Must now have a certificate trust. Prior 7.2 didn't require. Need to verify the certificate. https://docs.vmware.com/en/vRealize-Automation/7.3/rn/vrealize-automation-73-release-notes.html

Sincerely, Rahul Parmar VMware Support Moderator
0 Kudos