VMware Cloud Community
ACIGURU
Contributor
Contributor

OVA Blueprint Deployment 'Content-Length' Header value is invalid

When deploying SOME OVA's from blueprints, the deployment fails with the message below.  But others will deploy perfectly fine..  have tried a number of different OVA's including VCSA, NSX Manager, ESXi, another vendor OVA, and while the final two work fine, the first two do not and spit out the following error.

The server committed a protocol violation. Section=ResponseHeader Detail='Content-Length' header value is invalid.

any ideas, any ideas how to troubleshoot?  there is very little in the deployment logs and no errors in vCenter.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

First thing I'd check is if their checksums match those posted by the vendor.

0 Kudos
ACIGURU
Contributor
Contributor

I should add that the OVA's work fine when deployed manually.  So the files themselves are fine.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

From the message you display, it appears to not like a REST response from some of them. What version of vRA (and hotfix, if any) and what version of the appliances deployed to what version of a vCenter Server (presumably)?

0 Kudos
ACIGURU
Contributor
Contributor

Good question, i should have included that in my original post

VRA: Version: 7.5.0 (Build: 10053500)

vCenter (Target): 6.5.0.12000

NSX:6.4.4-11197766

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Ok, well if you're able (and if you haven't done so already), I would advise installing hotfix 5 for your vRA 7.5 installation. This may or may not alleviate the problem, but it'll certainly address other issues in the process.

0 Kudos