VMware Cloud Community
MikeNox
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Not getting Machine Prefixes

I am seeing an issue on a vra 7.x installation that was upgraded from 6.x.  Prior to the upgrade, CCC (Common Component Catalog) was used to provide hostnames, but it was uninstalled prior to the upgrade.

When we request a machine, we have to provide a hostname property.  If we don’t, the request will fail immediately.  If we provide a hostname, the request goes through without problems.  There are prefixes in place, but it “Next Number” has never moved from 1.

To test, we created a new blueprint, used a known working template, and ensured that Machine Prefix was correctly set. It failed immediately (before anything was kicked off in vcenter).  I do not see any vro flows being kicked off.  There are no event broker subscriptions active.  The is 1 approval policy, but is only looking at cpu and memory.

Besides the "add/remove programs" (vRA 6.2.3 Common Component Catalog Uninstallation before Upgrade to vRA 7) where can I see any residual effects from that installation?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeNox
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Found it.  In Global Settings, there were still references to it.  I needed to set VRODynamicNamePlugin.IsActive to false, HostNameCreateByPrefix.IsActive to true.

HostNameCreate.png

Not sure if this will help someone else.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MikeNox
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Found it.  In Global Settings, there were still references to it.  I needed to set VRODynamicNamePlugin.IsActive to false, HostNameCreateByPrefix.IsActive to true.

HostNameCreate.png

Not sure if this will help someone else.