VMware Cloud Community
jwhites
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Native Active Directory not working

Has anyone run into this?  When I configure native active directory for the default tenant, I'm able to add my AD groups for the tenant and iaas administrators etc, but when I try to log in, it just tells me bad username/password and/or just freezes the page no matter how I try to log in.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
willonit
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Are you logging in with username@domain or just your username?

0 Kudos
jwhites
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've tried every way including the plugin.

ActiveDirectory (non native) works fine.

Also looking at some issue, the "infrastructure" tab is missing and replaced with "{com.vmware.csp.component.iaas.proxy.provider@csp.places.iaas.label}"

0 Kudos
jwhites
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

tab issue was resolved by just rebooting the whole environment.

0 Kudos
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander

Definitely unusual. Do the logs give any indication/throw any errors?

Grant

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos
beefy147
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I also get this problem with native AD on the default tenant

I can select my admin accounts fine after configuring it but then cant login as that user (just shows incorrect username/password)

has a root and child domain got anything to do with this? I had fun with SSO in vSphere 5.5 with a root domain not being detected correctly last year

0 Kudos
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander

I remember something in the release notes about domain with non standard characters, but don't remember the details off the top of my head.

Grant

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos
beefy147
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

all very standard characters in our domain, certainly no special characters!

0 Kudos
SkyCoop
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Are you using 6.2? If so, there are some issues with Native AD, where you can add users to roles, but then they get the bad username and password error. Some of the issues are being addressed in 6.2.1 (so I hear), but you may want to open a support request and provide them your SSO logs so that they can see if it is an issue that will be resolved.

0 Kudos
beefy147
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

evaluating 6.2 in our lab (badly!)

any ETA on 6.2.1?

0 Kudos
kumarankpl
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

If  you want the fix you can open a case with GSS to get the hofix for 6.2 itself.

0 Kudos
RebeccaW
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Anyone get this with 6.1.1 and regular AD in a non-default tenant? We set up 6.1.1 in lab and don't have this issue but we are building our production one (points to the same AD environment) and a colleague can log in but gets the curly brace variables in place of labels. I just get invalid username/password. In the process of bouncing everything now to see if that clears it up like it did for the OP.

0 Kudos