VMware Cloud Community
paabhi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Moving machines between Business Groups in vRA 7.3

Hello Team,

I am using vRA 7.3 for my new solution. We have got a requirement to move the machines across Business Groups. There are two BGs with in a tenant, (migration and Production Support). The provisioning and commissioning of the new VMs will be performed by the migration BG members. After the server is fully ready, the ownership/reservations all need to be transferred to the Production support BG. Once transferred, the users from Migration BG should not be able to access the servers .

Please could you suggest how can we do this  ? Also is there any way for automating the same ?  I have seen couple of articles from third party sites ? Can some one provide some VMware documentation around the same?

APA

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Please refer this Using the vRealize Automation Plug-In Infrastructure Administration Workflows

the workflow of your interest here is

Change reservation of an IaaS Virtual Machine

- Changes the attributes, such as reservations and business groups, of a managed virtual machine.

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified

View solution in original post

2 Replies
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Please refer this Using the vRealize Automation Plug-In Infrastructure Administration Workflows

the workflow of your interest here is

Change reservation of an IaaS Virtual Machine

- Changes the attributes, such as reservations and business groups, of a managed virtual machine.

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified
paabhi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the help

0 Kudos