VMware Cloud Community
Lost_Steak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Mouse Not Working in WinPE when using vRealize Automation Web Console

Hi

The SOE development team have been asked to use vRA for desktop development, however they are complaining that they cannot use the mouse in the PE environment.

I have found this KB VMware KB: Mouse movement in VMware vRealize Automation and VMware vCloud Director is not tracked in... which states "This is a known issue affecting VMware vCloud Director and VMware vRealize Automation.Currently, there is no resolution for this."

I am wondering if anyone has found a solution to this? and if they could point me in the right direction.

It isn't a problem with using the vCenter Web Client (which they don't have permissions to use anyway), and once VMtools is installed on a deployed machine the mouse works.

We are using vRealise 6.2.1

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lost_Steak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So we managed to get a work around for this. The SOE team had to get the VMtools package and extract the relevant drivers and inject it into a custom WinPE ISO. I'm not sure how they did this.

Bluntly, they are complaining loudly as this is just another thing that they have to maintain now, especially as this is not a problem using the web console from web vCenter client.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

AFAIK, You need to have VMware Tools installed and working for the WebMKS/HTML5 console to do its work correctly.  Otherwise, there is no mouse driver for WebMKS/HTML5 to attach to ... it's more like VNC than VMRC.  Depending on how you access the console from the web client, it may differ since it could be a different console type than the WebMKS/HTML5 one.

Also, the classic VMRC mentioned in that KB may not work as the NPAPI is being deprecated by Google Chrome (as of v45) and Mozilla Firefox (in the near future).  So even the workaround mentioned in the KB may not work depending on the exact configuration.

Lost_Steak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So we managed to get a work around for this. The SOE team had to get the VMtools package and extract the relevant drivers and inject it into a custom WinPE ISO. I'm not sure how they did this.

Bluntly, they are complaining loudly as this is just another thing that they have to maintain now, especially as this is not a problem using the web console from web vCenter client.

0 Kudos
Bahman7349
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Open vmware Esxi  on VmWare Workstation(Remote to Server IP).
good luck

0 Kudos