VMware Cloud Community
jamesreinke2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Mount CD-ROM workflow

In working with the Mount CD-ROM workflow there is a small change I would like to make.

At the start of the workflow instead of a general search for a VM I would like to limit to a VM folder or a prefix search. Can this be done? I do not see in the workflow where the parameters of the search are. Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes, this can be done.

First, duplicate the workflow in order to be able to edit it and make modifications. Then do the following:

1. Add a new workflow attribute of type VC:VmFolder and set its value to the folder you want to limit the VM search.
  2. Go to workflow presentation and select the input parameter vm
  3. In the right panel, change the value of the property 'Select value as' from 'list' to 'tree'
  4. Click the button to add a new presentation property and pick the property labeled 'Specify a root object ...', and bind its value to the workflow attribute containing the VM folder that you created on the first step

That is all. Now, when you launch the modified workflow, you should be able to choose VMs only from the specified folder.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes, this can be done.

First, duplicate the workflow in order to be able to edit it and make modifications. Then do the following:

1. Add a new workflow attribute of type VC:VmFolder and set its value to the folder you want to limit the VM search.
  2. Go to workflow presentation and select the input parameter vm
  3. In the right panel, change the value of the property 'Select value as' from 'list' to 'tree'
  4. Click the button to add a new presentation property and pick the property labeled 'Specify a root object ...', and bind its value to the workflow attribute containing the VM folder that you created on the first step

That is all. Now, when you launch the modified workflow, you should be able to choose VMs only from the specified folder.

0 Kudos
jamesreinke2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ilian,

It worked perfectly. Thank you very much. The next step for me now is getting it to work in vRA XaaS blueprint

0 Kudos