VMware Cloud Community
dmented
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Missing BluePrints in vCAC

Hello,

Just had my VCAC up and running. First thing I notice is I'm only able to create Cloud and Virtual BluePrints.

HyperV, Xen, and Physical BluePrint creation is missing on the dropdown (see screenshot). The guide i followed is Kendricks (http://www.kendrickcoleman.com/index.php/Tech-Blog/how-to-install-vcloud-automation-center-vcac-60-p...)

Please let me know what I'm missing here.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

This is due to the fact that you are using vCloud Suite licenses, which are CPU - based.
Since 5.X the licensing changed a bit, in a way that vCloud Suite licenses would allow you only to connect vSphere / vCloud endpoints , since theoretically, if this was not the case, one could buy 1-vCloud suite CPU license, and manage their entire KVM/Hyper-V environment.

If you require other hypervisor management, you will need separate vCAC Advanced licenses, which are sold on a per managed object basis.

Hope this helped.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

This is due to the fact that you are using vCloud Suite licenses, which are CPU - based.
Since 5.X the licensing changed a bit, in a way that vCloud Suite licenses would allow you only to connect vSphere / vCloud endpoints , since theoretically, if this was not the case, one could buy 1-vCloud suite CPU license, and manage their entire KVM/Hyper-V environment.

If you require other hypervisor management, you will need separate vCAC Advanced licenses, which are sold on a per managed object basis.

Hope this helped.

0 Kudos
dmented
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks Sir!

That totally make sense now.

Thank you again.

0 Kudos